Friday, August 27, 2004

Bush takes the High Road

For all the whining by JKF2 and his ambulance chaser (dang!!), errr.. I mean running mate.... I can't understand why I keep making that slip!?!?!.... George Bush waited for the frothing at the mouth to reach full spittle velocity and then says this:

"I think Senator Kerry served admirably, and he ought to be proud of his record. But the question is who's best to lead the country in the war on terror."

SLAM!

Oh yea, that stuff - the war on terror, jobs, etc. and why using the word "record?" The audio has him stumbling before that word is used. Classic Bushism to the press, but a brain hard at work to me. "How can I use this statement tomorrow?" The word "record" conjures up all sorts of interesting things, now doesn't it?

And then he takes on the 527s.

"I'm denouncing all of the stuff being on TV of the 527s. That's what I've said. I said this kind of unregulated soft money is wrong for the process, and I asked Senator Kerry to join me in getting rid of all that kind of soft money, not only on TV, but used for other purposes as well. I, frankly, thought we'd gotten rid of that when I signed the McCain-Feingold bill. I thought we were going to once and for all get rid of the system where people could just pour tons of money in and, you know, and not be held to account for the advertising. And so I'm disappointed with all those kinds of ads.."

Or if I may paraphrase:

"I see your whine and raise you your testicles!!"

Not what Kerry was hoping for given his ambula.... There I go again.... Running mate's response the next day. Kerry whines, Edwards does his Flea Bailey impression (poorly), and Bush says these groups should all be muzzled. Probably a good deal more than half of Kerry's campaign efforts would circle down the toilet like the turdlets they are, if the 527 and Soros money plug were to be pulled.

My Fav Brit said this:

"The minute you start running ads demanding that voters "tell George W Bush to stop telling lies about what a weally weally big war hero I am", you sound ridiculous. Especially when your opponent is a guy who's never complained about anything - not the "Bush is Hitler" stuff, not the "Bush knew about 9/11 in advance" stuff, not even the comparatively mild Michael Moore slur that he's a moron so paralysed without his minders that he continued reading My Pet Goat to Florida grade-schoolers for a full seven minutes on September 11. Kerry himself made sneering cracks about the pet goat business, and Bush didn't whine about it."

The Demokook Party considers Bush an inept dolt at their own risk. He's been outsmarting them every step of the way. His timing has been impeccable.

|