Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Howdy

Actually, I was just going to comment on Froggy Ruminations re: John Kerry's Kurtz Chronicles and found I needed to sign up on this blog log. What do I call myself, I asked myself?

Most blogs have a political angle of some sort, or social commentary, religious, or other sometimes goofy musings. Thinking back to my college days, speaking of goofy musings, I remembered the fan club we had of Dr. Strangelove. Liberals just loved that movie, depicting as it did, the sordid nature of the evil military-industrial complex, paranoia in the military itself, and insanity of nuclear politics in general. A great movie, and after the six-packs were gone, we'd all laugh at ourselves as we staggered about the room shouting, "Mein Furhrer, I can valk!"
However, my favorite character is Col Bat Guano (if that's his name). Col Bat knew right from wrong regardless of what was going on:

"Okay, I'll do it. But do you know what's going to happen to you if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone?"

"What?"

"Yer gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola Bottling Company."

Now that's a man who understands right from wrong, dang it!!

Soooo.... there's my i-moniker, my hero in the midst of madness - Bat Guano. Why Bat Guano? Because today's times seem like madness. We're bickering about gay marriages, Dubya conspiring to turn Amerika into a Christian theocracy, what happened or didn't happen 35 years ago with the two presidential candidates, all the while nutcases are in the world plotting our deaths in the most hideous manner possible. Idiocy. Madness. Well, I'm going to put my two-cents in from time to time.

My basic theme is in this election, who do you trust to protect your life, liberty, and pusuit of happiness? I know who I trust and why.



|