Friday, August 19, 2005

What are You up to?

Today I was challenged in my comfortable lifestyle here in America Land by God Himself it appears. Pardon me if I sound more incoherent than usual - the fetching Mrs Guano (not her real name) and I killed off two bottles of my private vintage tonight. Anyway, God has apparently decided that my life has gotten too comfortable and I need to expand my horizons. I've been presented with a mission oppurtunity on "The Far Side of the World" to quote one of my favorite movies (even if Russell Crowe is an ass!). The Far Side of the World indeed as far as physically, economically, and culturally. As a hint visit this site.

Why are You doing this to me??? Struggling to keep a teenage son from becoming a teenage father is this self-indulgent sex crazed culture isn't enough complication right now? Helping my 10-year old cope with these nutty school standards and not feel like a complete failure isn't enough Stage 3 work? Figuring out a way to put these guys through college so they can have a decent chance of spreading Your Love across the country and/or world isn't enough of a life challenge right now? Being assitant coach to my 10-year old's soccer team isn't enough challenge for a fella that TOTALLY identifies with (R)nold in Kindergarten Kop? The fetching Mrs. Guano (not her real name) and I getting into a big hairy issue over this isn't enough of a life challenge for us to both understand each other's calling from You? What are You doing? And why are You doing it? Why are You complicating my life? Why do You complicate anybody's life? What did I ever do to You? Strike that! I already know the answer to that question. Or is a better question what have I not done for You?

Is this because me and my big mouth said the blessed (us) is the world have a moral obligation to hold a hand UP to the less blessed in the world? Putting my money where my mouth is, eh? What a nudge I am! Weeellll.... just shows to go you - be careful what you axe for. Stay tuned as this spiritual ordeal unfolds. You just may see and hear of things you've never seen before here in America. I do ask you offer a prayer of guidance for me in the next few days. I have to provide an answer to this by Tuesday.

|