Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Youuusse Are a Meathead!

Yes I am. It took the Hougester this am to remind me I forgot about one of the biggest (wrong) god-models there is – guv’mint. Seems Rob Reiner (that lovable Meathead!) wants guv’mint to raise yourn kids for youse, since youse too dang stupid to figures out hows to done it yournselfs (spooue, klang, "Bingo!"). Yes, yes, I know, I’m being very un-PC, biting the hand that feeds me, since I are a guv’mint worker (county). There are those who might say I’m committing blasphemy by declaring I know better than the guv’mint how to be a parent. Well I don’t, just to be clear, but the Lord does.

Your basic liberal has a huge heart that I won’t deny. A working class liberal wants everyone to contentedly suckle from the same teat, or happily munch from the same trough, as everyone else does. As a soundbite, it’s a very utopian worldview. “Nice and warm you feel, don’t you?” would coo Yoda the naturalist High Priest softly into our ear. John Lennon’s “Imagine” would loft down on the breeze from speakers above every public park as people blissfully ate their workplace provided hot-meal and read about the latest guv’mint program to make their lives even more comfortable and equitable. Our pre-schoolers start their day singing, "The guv'mint loves me so. How do I know? Because Title 101, CCR, Section 26789.23/J tells me so."

So nice. So comfortable, Sooooo, hmmmm, everything's so cozy .... (yawn) ..... Zzzzzz …….. HUH? WHAT? Oh, sorry, I was in Kona for a second. The only problem for humanity with that god-model is we’ve been there, done that. Karl Marx had a great vision of humanity, didn’t he? Some people would have to die for it to be realized, but an omelet needs broken eggs and all that rot. Karl Marx’ wonderful philosophy of a worker’s paradise run by the benevolent state (after it killed all the exploiters) brought us the likes of Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Che Guevara, Hitler, Pol Pot, Hussein and the bloody list goes on and on and on. Lenin the original benevolent state leader has been described as the biggest thief in history as he and his Bolsheviks stole the government during the ensuing civil war after Czar Nicholas was disposed of. Your basic liberal is so enthralled with everyone being warm and comfortable that they neglect to think of the evil in the world, and knuckleheads like Lenin could really give two hoots about their comfort. Increasing state power means increasing power for someone, not "empowering" the rest of us.

The other problem is we got kicked out of Eden to toil in the land. Our comfort is not part of the bargain as long as there's evil in the world to conquer. Sorry, Rob, but that battle will go on for the life of the Creation.

Not that Rob Reiner is Vladimir Lenin, but I really wouldn’t want the guv’mint telling me what to do with my pre-schooler. I don’t doubt Reiner’s intentions. I think the meathead has a huge heart like I said above, but if he thinks guv’mint can cure child-rearing issues for everyone, then it’s his brain I have doubts about. I have faith that Californians are smart enough to solve their own child-rearing issues. The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions goes the old saying. It’s either that or guv’mint programs that we'll collectively walk on to get there.

|