Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Skrool Daze

Whoo-HOO! Hoguester is posting again! Glad to see him back with the loss(?) of Nickie Goomba from the ether. Hogue has one close to my heart regarding the public skrool system. The fetching Mrs Guano (not her real name) and I have about had our fill with public skrools heir ins Cullyforjna. First, the tarnished Golden State’s response to lowering performance levels of skrool kids was to heap more curriculum on them rather than explore why teachers today aren’t measuring to those from yesterday. The homework our 5th grader brings home and the way it’s presented to him boggles my mind somedaze. Second, the leftie indoctrination that passes for curriculum these daze (gay marriage, anti-US anything, viva la UN, etc.), and now outright disrespect for anything patriotic. Our High Skrool senior has remarked many times now on the politically correct idiocy he sees on campus nearly every day now. At age 17, he fully understands there are people who do nothing except wait to be offended by something or someone no matter how innocuous the incident might have been. “Free speech is only for those in politically correct power.” Whoa. He’s my step son and damn he’s smart!!! Not quite sure how that reflects on me… He’s that way because of me or in spite of me??? Let’s not go there.

To those of you demanding vouchers now – all in good time my friends. The CTA controlled public skrool system is nurturing an electorate that will turn on it with big fangs once they start having kids and not-so-fondly remember their experiences in the current system. Give ‘em more rope I say.

|