Thursday, May 19, 2005

Newsweek, Erwin, Rather, etc.

Jeez. Newsweek gets people killed on the other side of the world and the MSM defends it against government critism. Hogue is on FIRE this morning over this!!! "Somebody turn on the sprinkler system!!"

"Just a bunch of Muslims so who cares, right? We got out a follow-up story to Abu Ghraib. Now that those soldiers are being punished, that JUST HAD TO BE the tip of the iceberg afterall. This is too easy."

The above quote is of course, a complete fabrication, but I'll wager not too far from the MSM's worldview. Notice I admitted I made that up, seems a columnist at the Sacramento Beast didn't have the stomach for that and got canned. Griego Erwin was never on my reading list when I did subscribe. I thought she was a hack then. Much to the Beast's credit, they pruned themselves somewhat, but to Rick Rodriguez' chagrin, I still don't trust the Beast enough to revive my subscription. I dropped that going on two years ago when I determined the Beast was nothing more than a multi-page gossip column. The only thing going for them is Dan Walters and Daniel Weintraub. But the Sacramento Union is on my internet favorite's list, not the Beast. Pruning themselves of a Rather-esque columnist just isn't enough.

As for Terry Moran, what should Newsweek do? Fire Michael Isikoff and John Barry. The industry should blackball them from the industry forever. Incompetent doctors, engineers, lawyers, and other "professionals" that get people killed through gross negligence and incompetence get their license to practice their profession very publically yanked. Why should journalists be exempt from this professional discipline process? To their credit, the Beast agrees with this.

|