Friday, September 09, 2005

Secretary Imelda Marcos?

I was in Starbuck's yesterday morning and heard a very well dressed woman talking smack about Condelezza Rice buying shoes after Katrina the Cruel leveled the Gulf Coast. I've heard this rumor a couple times before. The Starbuck's woman was "disgusted" with Madame Secretary for engaging in such an activity but I couldn't help but think:

A. What had she done for the people of the Gulf Coast (or is that the guv-mint's job) other than talk smack about the Federal guv-mint?

B. What exactly is the Secretary of State supposed to be doing on the relief effort above and beyond the activities of (in descending order of responsibility) the City of New Orleans, the State of Louisiana, and FEMA?

C. This story is "Undetermined" according to one of my favorite sites - Snopes. Besides, the "shopper" who chastised Rice for buying shoes (if it happened), what was she spending her money on? Not the Gulf Coast relief effort apparently.

Like I said in the last post, think before you open that hole under your nose my friends!

|